Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution applies to saving and/or sharing particular web content on a server handled by a web hosting supplier. There are various types of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's review them. In that way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to own a web page, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by particular firms, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions are frequently supported by showing advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly distorted explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between different stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous site hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you want to share a vast amount of pics with mates or colleagues since the service is commonly free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mail aliases. Some corporations offer hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you wish to open an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to run as many video files as you want to without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and email aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Easy Street Hosting, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforesaid services in one place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content only.